FOR ADJUSTED PROCEDURES VISIT OUR COVID-19 PAGE OR CLICK HERE
The SZV procedures for AO control have changed. The following procedures are effective as of August 13, 2020.
In accordance to the ZV Ordinance, if the employee does not report for AO Control at SZV on the third (3rd) day of being unfit to work, due to illness, the employer will not be able to claim loss of wages from SZV for the days that the employee was unfit to work. The risk of this includes, that the employee may not qualify for sickness insurance benefits.
ZV Insured and Employers
Government employed/other civil and public servants - please note:
Government employed/other civil and public servants to whom the OZR rules are applicable (OZR): If you are employed by government, your department will determine the applicable procedure for you. Depending on your department rules you will need to report online for AO control on the 1st or 4th day of being unfit for work. There is no need to visit your GP prior to reporting online for AO control at SZV. Persons who chose to not follow these rules can get first day control mandated by their HR department. Everyone else reports online on the 4th day of being unfit for work.
- The employer must provide each employee with their individual yellow card number. SZV will only issue the number(s) to the employer, yellow cards will no longer be printed.
- The employer requests the yellow card number by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The employee will receive a confirmation e-mail by the SZV control doctor once the AO assessment has been completed. The employee must provide the employer with a copy of this e-mail. This e-mail replaces the printed yellow card and must be used for the request of loss of wages to SZV.
- Reminder: Employee wages for the first (1st), second (2nd) and third (3rd) day of being unfit for work, due to illness, remains the responsibility of the employer.
- Notice: By January 1, 2021, the employer must use the Employer Portal to request the yellow card number of new employees and submit the loss of wages request.
Social & Health Insurances SZV © 2020