Protest and Appeal
If you do not agree with an assessment for the ZV and OV premium received from the SZV, you have the right to submit:
- A protest letter to the director of SZV against this assessment.
- File a court appeal at the Court of First Instance in Sint Maarten.
The insured receiving the assessment.
The procedure for a Protest:
- Draft a written and signed protest letter, clearly stating the assessment number, your SZV and CRIB number, the reason for your protest and the decision which, according to you, SZV should take.
You can also use the SZV objection form which can be found on our website: szv.sx
- Submit the protest letter to SZV within fifteen (15) days after the date that the assessment was issued.
- Make sure to include any relevant supporting documentation with your protest letter.
The procedure for an Appeal:
- Draft a written appeal letter, clearly stating the reason for your appeal and the decision which, according to you, SZV should take
- Submit the appeal letter at the Court of First Instance in Sint Maarten within six (6) weeks after the date that you received the decision on your protest letter. Make sure to submit your appeal letter in duplicate.
- Court fees will be levied by the Court of First Instance in Sint Maarten, when submitting your appeal letter.
- The complete procedure for protest and appeal is also detailed at the back of the assessment.
- There are no costs involved with the protest procedure.
- Court fees will be levied by the Court of First Instance in Sint Maarten, when submitting the appeal letter.
What to bring