A “machtiging” is an authorization letter issued by the SZV confirming that we will cover certain costs made by a ZV or OZR insured, person receiving AVBZ-care at a specialist. You can obtain a “machtiging” for:
- Paramedical care (speech therapist, dietician, psychologist, physical and occupational therapist)
- Regular use of medical aids (“hulpmiddelen”)
- Regular use of prosthetics (“kunstmiddelen”)
- Regular use of district nursing (“wijkverpleging”) AVBZ
- Regular use of hearing aids AVBZ
ZV and OZR Insured, persons receiving AVBZ-care
- Physical and occupational therapist:
The authorizations for physical and occupational therapists are handled through your family doctor and therapist directly with SZV (through the web portal).
- Medical aids:
The authorization for (regular use) medic aids must be obtained through SZV. You have to come to the medical desks with your authorization request to have it processed.
If a specialist has prescribed your (regular use) prosthetics you can go directly to the distributor. The distributor will communicate with SZV directly to arrange for payment.
- District nursing:
For district nursing assistance based on a request from your family doctor, you can go directly to the district nursing facility. They will do an assessment and communicate with SZV directly what your needs are.
- Hearing aids:
For (regular use) hearing aids authorization you must present yourself at SZV with an audiogram. Your request will be processed within 2 weeks after which we will call and let you know the outcome. If approved, you can go directly to the vendor.
What to bring
- Your Insurance Card
- The original referral letter of your family doctor
- The original prescription by your family doctor or specialist (if applicable)
- An audiogram (if applicable