Spouse Allowance

Spouses of pensioners who are under the age of 60 are entitled to an allowance if:

  • The couple’s combined income is less then ANG 13,000 per year.


Person younger than 60 years old who is married to someone who is already enjoying an old-age pension and who’s combined income is less than ANG 13,000 per year.


You need to come to the SZV office with all the correct paperwork to file an application.

What to bring

  • Valid form of identification
  • Submission of the combined annual income tax declaration (including proof of filing) of the previous year from the Tax Office
  • Tax compliance declaration of younger spouse who is applying
  • Detailed registration form from the Civil Registry (not older than 3 months)
  • Bank book or Bank statement
  • Properly filled out Partner Allowance request form

Please note:

  • Once a spousal allowance is granted, the combined income tax declaration must be submitted yearly. The allowance will be temporarily halted for January of every year, awaiting the most recent income tax declaration.


Social & Health Insurances SZV © 2023