Baby guarantee letter
A Baby Guarantee Letter is required for you to submit to the hospital and lab as proof that the expecting mother is insured under the (ZV) Sickness Insurance Ordinance. With this baby guarantee letter, you do not have to make a deposit for the delivery charges.
ZV insured persons.
- At least one of the parents must have residency to obtain a baby guarantee letter.
- If one of the parents is above the ZV wage limit, you will not qualify to receive the baby declaration.
- You can make an appointment to visit the Employees & Insured Desk at SZV.
- Accurately and completely fill out the application form for the baby guarantee letter .
- Make sure to bring along all relevant documents with you (see below).
- SZV will provide you with the approved baby guarantee letter within 2 to 3 days. You will receive 2 baby guarantee letters.
- You must take one (1) letter to the lab and one (1) letter to the Admission department of the Sint Medical Center.
- The mother must report to SZV in her 7th month of pregnancy.
- If your information is accurately and completely up to date and absolutely no changes are required to your personal data, the baby guarantee letter can be issued the same day.
What to bring
- A valid ZV insurance card of the head insured (if married, of the spouse also).
- A valid identification document such a valid Sint Maarten ID card or a valid passport of the head insured (if married, of the spouse also).
- A letter from the treating gynecologist or midwife, stating the due date.
- A stamped income declaration of the previous year from the Tax Office, if you are single (this is only applicable if you are an ex-employee) or a combined income tax declaration of the previous year from the Tax Office, if you are married.
- An accurately and completely filled out baby guarantee letter application form.
- If applicable, a valid residency permit.
- If applicable, a deed of acknowledgement of the unborn child from the Civil Registry.
- The head insured must be present.
- If your employer did not fill out an employee mutation form for you, then your application request for a baby guarantee letter cannot be processed. Please make sure that your employer accurately and completely fills out the employee mutation form.
Can a PP card holder obtain a baby guarantee letter?
No, because a PP holder is not insured under the (ZV) Sickness Insurance Ordinance.
Can a dependent minor obtain a baby guarantee letter?
No, only a dependent spouse can obtain a baby guarantee letter.
Can I obtain a baby guarantee letter if I am no longer working?
Only if you qualify as an ex-employee, you will be able to obtain the baby guarantee letter. You can inquire at SZV, what the procedures are to qualify for ex-employee status.