The SZV insured person who made a deposit to receive their residency permit is leaving Sint Maarten for an indefinite period, can request this deposit back from the Island Receiver. This reimbursement can be issued providing that you can prove that you are in good standing with SZV.

The insured person will have to visit the Employees & Insured desk to return the SZV insurance card or adjust the end date of their insurance card to the departure date. The insured person will also have to visit the the Employers desk to determine if they have any outstanding premiums …..or .. received. Once this process is completed the insured person will receive a stamp on the letter that they have in possession.


The SZV insured person who is leaving the island permanently.


  1. You have to first visit the Island Receiver to receive the letter. This letter/document/form must be stamped by SZV.
  2. You have to visit SZV to return your insurance card or to adjust the end date of insurance card to your departure date.
  3. You have to visit the Employers desk to determine if you have any outstanding debt (such as unpaid premiums or remaining balances on outstanding payments) to be received.
  4. If you do not have any outstanding debts, you will receive a stamp on the submitted letter/document/form from the Island Receiver.

What to bring

  • A valid ZV insurance card.
  • The valid ZV insurance cards of all your dependents.
  • A valid identification document. This can be: a valid Sint Maarten ID card, a valid driver’s license or, a valid passport.
  • Your de-registration declaration from the Civil Registry.

Please note:

  • All ZV insurance cards need to be returned to SZV, yours including all your dependents.



Can I request restitution for all my sickness insurance premiums that were deducted from my wages and paid to SZV?

No, the law does not permit this.

Social & Health Insurances SZV © 2023